An eclectic mix of interesting finds . . . clothes: style: food: baking: crafting: sewing: music . . .

Sunday 19 September 2010

Making Madeleines


I have been wanting to make madeleines for ages. To me they look so pretty in their shell shapes and are a much more grown up version of a fairy cake. I used a Waitrose recipe found here. The only thing I changed was to add 1/3 of a tsp of baking powder. 

In France you can by an array of fancy baking tins and moulds in the supermarket but of course this being England I had to buy mine off Amazon. Infact in France they have a vast choice of anything cooking related in the supermarkets that would put Lakeland Plastics to shame. They may just be over the Channel but seemingly have very different attitudes to food. I mean where are the traditional bakeries in England? My local one is the French Café down the road. Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment