An eclectic mix of interesting finds . . . clothes: style: food: baking: crafting: sewing: music . . .

Sunday 7 November 2010

The Jumper with a Story - Vintage Find Part 1


I suspect much of my vintage items are not officially 'vintage' despite being bought in those kind of shops and are more like second hand. Never mind, I bought them because I like them and want to wear them. However this bat wing gem I KNOW to be vintage (sorry Mum) because there is a great little story to go with it. 



I was shopping on Brick Lane and went into a small shop that I forget the name of. Downstairs everything was £10, so I trot on down and the first thing I see is this jumper. I have to have it. I mean I really HAVE to have it. So I run towards it grab it, try it on, love it. But why? the bat wing? no, the 80's grey and red combo? no. Simply because my Mum has exactly the same jumper but in blue and grey from the 80's. And because like most daughters, I look up to my mother and as a child wanted to dress just like her with her 90's power suits, high heels, glamorous make-up and elegant long nails. 

 I was so thrilled to find this that I called her up straight after to tell her. She  then tried to salvage her jumper because she uses hers to dye her hair (always has done since I can remember - terrible I know but I guess she never thought I might want to wear it). At some point I will post a picture of us both in our jumpers. Haha mum and daughter outfits ; )

Incidentally, I have never managed to match her long nails. That by the way never chip the nail polish - how does she do that?




No comments:

Post a Comment