An eclectic mix of interesting finds . . . clothes: style: food: baking: crafting: sewing: music . . .

Friday 7 January 2011

Childrens Books from Long Ago

One of my favourite books as a child was A Christmas Card by Paul Theroux. I remeber buying it WHSmiths with my Mum and we were looking getting the other one in the display called London Snow but the cover was damaged. It is only until know that I have got round to ordering it. Unfortunately it's out of print now but I have managed to get it very easily from Amazon.


                                                                                                   


This then got me thinking about other books I enjoyed as a child. Here are some of my favourites . . . do you remember any of these?


 here 




 here 





Lastly the illustrations by Jill Barklem in the Brambly Hedge series are amazing, so much detail and imagination. Beautiful!

What are your favourite children's books?

6 comments:

  1. I loved reading when I was little. It's strange that I haven't read the ones you mentioned (I might have read Tom's Midnight Garden, I can't remember) since I always had my nose in a book.
    I loved The Worst Witch and Judy Blume defines my early teen years. Right now I'm reading uni books. Not entertaining at all :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh one more! I was addicted to the Point Horror and Point Thriller books, especially The Babysitter ones by R.L. Stine. And do you remember Goosebumps?
    I only remember books from when I was 10+. I can't remember the ones from when I was younger than that.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was all about 'The Tiger who came to Tea'!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rememeber the Worst Witch but not the others - I guess it depends on our ages. The other ones I remeber when I was little were Peep Po, Richard Scary books, Cat in The Hat? and Mr majeeka? Not sure of the spelling . . .

    Will have to have a look at the others you've both mentioned. Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow! I havn't thought about the Faraway Tree for like YEARS... and of course the Babysitters Club, Point horror, Judy Blume..!

    I put a link to your blog on the side of mine Becky, hope that's cool with you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sarah that's great, thank you! Will do the same too if I haven't already : )

    ReplyDelete