An eclectic mix of interesting finds . . . clothes: style: food: baking: crafting: sewing: music . . .

Tuesday 13 July 2010

Biscotti

No clothes today. It is really murky and grey here and I really didn't feel like doing much. However my housemate arrived back from Madrid today and since I broke one of her mugs whilst she was away I thought I'd bake a treat. Good job I did too as she bought me a beautiful fan.



Two blogs I have reading for a long time (Atlantis Home and Cupcakes and Cashmere) both recently did a post on making biscotti so I got inspired to try and make some.  As they both used American recipes that used cups as a measurement and I don't know how to measure that, I used a recipe from Waitrose online.

As a first attempt I was pretty pleased. I think I would use some whole almonds next time to vary the texure

Final outcome. Mmmm yum!

2 comments:

  1. Ah that looks professional! And better than Starbucks any old day which is the only place I've ever had biscotti..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty is that fan!
    I think I'll try that recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete