An eclectic mix of interesting finds . . . clothes: style: food: baking: crafting: sewing: music . . .

Saturday 17 July 2010

Let's talk about eyebrows

I have a real thing about eyebrows. Infact it is often the thing I notice first about people, especially women as they tend to do more with them than men. Quite odd perhaps as I have a fringe so you can't really ever see my eyebrows. I haven't always been this way, infact I used to have quite bad eyebrows as a result of over plucking (a commen problem if you were a teenager in the 90's?). My natural shape is thicker in the centre and very thin in the middle to the edge.

I tried to grow them  - I really did but because of the over plucking they never did. So I bought 'brow zings' by Benefit and shaped them like an Audrey Hepburn wanabee. Don't get me wrong, 'brow zings' is amazing and I still use it now but I just wasn't happy with the shape.

After much moaning my housemate dragged me to a little place on Moseley High Street where she gets them threaded. If you're not sure what threading is have a look here.

They take hair from the above and beneath the brow to give an even, elegant arch shape which really opens up the eye socket. I have never looked back . . . . it's a shame I don't have a before and after picture.

However see below for a great eyebrow shape on Jude . . .


If you want to see some examples of bad eyebrows try here. Now I'm certainly not advocating that all of these are bad and I do like a thicker brow but it is certainly food for thought.

I especially love the style of Frida Kahlo and think her thick eyebrows make her even more beautiful.

Perhaps it's less about right or wrong eyebrows and more about the right shape to suit the person . . . maybe I just have a funny obsession with them . . .

1 comment:

  1. I just saw the examples of bad eyebrows! hahahaha
    True, it's more about the shape that suits the person but some shapes don't suit anyone! x

    ReplyDelete