An eclectic mix of interesting finds . . . clothes: style: food: baking: crafting: sewing: music . . .

Sunday 11 July 2010

Nautical Victoriana

Every summer I get the urge to create a nautical look. However for a while now I've been wanting a Victorain/ Edwardian inspired sailor dress. Sure there are sailor dresses about but I'm quite fussy and it must have a large white square collar. The closest I have so far to anything remotely like a sailor dress is a lovely 1960's number my friend Chloe gave me ( I will do another post for this). I have a feeling I will end up making my own but as I'm a novice at sewing I may have to wait a while. For the moment I have a few pictures to keep me going . . .

1 comment:

  1. My sister had a sailor dress when she was about 10 that she found strangely humiliating. Or not so strangely as she was 10. Then it got handed down to me and I loved it and it's swamping oversized white square collar.. That fashion forecasting instinct has always been strong with this one.. !

    ReplyDelete