An eclectic mix of interesting finds . . . clothes: style: food: baking: crafting: sewing: music . . .

Friday 30 July 2010

Musical Musings

I wouldn't say I have conventional tastes in music and I never really know what's 'in'. I mostly certainly never know the words either . . . 

I'm always drawn to music that sounds folk like, particularly from Eastern Europe. Here are a few of my favourites . . . 


Moishe's Bagel


<a href="http://moishesbagel.bandcamp.com/album/salt">Tantz Glassidic by Moishe's Bagel</a>


This sounds to me very much like Philip Glass which might also be why the first piece is called Tanz Glassidic?

Next is a local band called The Destroyers performing Out of Babel.

 


Then the The Burning Bush 




I grew up listening to them. All the bands I've seen live apart from the last one. This is a French band, more rock than folk but I love this song Candy Lady by Dionysos.







No comments:

Post a Comment