An eclectic mix of interesting finds . . . clothes: style: food: baking: crafting: sewing: music . . .

Tuesday 17 August 2010

The Pleated Skirt, favourite belt and scalloped footwear

 

The best of a bad bunch of photos I'm afraid. Found it difficult to keep my eyes open it seems . . .Eugh anyway, I wanted to show you my new pleated skirt. I've wanted a black pleated skirt for a while and picked up this beauty in a vintage shop around Brick Lane. The pose is weird because the belt is too big for my waist and so I had to hold it in place.


Close up of the belt. I've had this belt for about 8 years and it sits on my hips. I wish I had bought a size smaller to fit at my waist (sigh ). It's from H&M and they are normally quite good at bringing out similar versions of things but I've never seen anything like it since. If you ever see a belt like it please let me know!


Close up of the blouse from Spitalfields Market with a nothing spectacular belt - pah!


Bargain shoe boots of the century. I have wanted a twist on the Victorian ankle boots for over a year and I found these in New Look marked down to £10. They were the only pair left and in my size - it was obviously meant to be! I adore the scalloped edges.



No comments:

Post a Comment