An eclectic mix of interesting finds . . . clothes: style: food: baking: crafting: sewing: music . . .

Wednesday 18 August 2010

Serge


Tonight I went to see the recently released film about Serge Gainsbourg. It was amazing. I knew very little about his life other than the bits with Brigitte Bardot and Jane Birkin. The film had a surreal and dark edge to it. At times I was completely seduced by him and then at others I was feeling a mix of pity and sadness. If I haven't sold it to you have a look at this . . .




Ah such style. Really I don't think much can beat a man in a suit. I don't mean London bankers: I mean suave, sophisticated and a rock'n'roll edge. And yes smoking is bad for you but who's going to argue against the fact that Serge makes it look cool in the way that French people can.

It was noted also later in the film that 'Serge' was sporting double denim. Did he pull it off? Well what do you think? Bien sur, bien sur.

Of course I couldn't write about Serge and not put in the iconic song that caused such a scandal at the time. Here's one to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment